quarta-feira, 13 de novembro de 2013

Easy by Tammara Webber

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.

My Thoughts:

I wasn't expecting to like this book. I wasn't expecting to care for its characters but this book really surprised and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Yes, this is one of those super duper romantic stories that follows that simple line "girl meets boy, boy is cute and she's also cute but isn't fully aware of that, they are perfect for each other right from the start, but then something happens" and bla bla bla. Sounds familiar? Yes, just like any other book within this genre but don't think that Easy is just that.

It's a new adult book so, unlike books like Perfect Chemistry, it has not only a lot more mature content but also it deals with more serious issues like sexual assault and losing a parent in the most heinous possible way and having to deal with all the emotions that it involves. And honestly that was one of the things that I enjoyed the most about this book. It wasn't as focused on the love story as I thought it would be and actually tried to go a little further and address other issues.

As for the characters, I think they were a little stereotypical, especially Lucas. He was the poster boy for that "dark and mysterious but also sexy as hell" type of guy that always has girls throwing themselves at them even if they don't want anything to do with them. At least this is the first impression that we get from him, but then, as the story progresses, we get to know him a bit better and see that there is actually more to him than just that. Overall, I think it was impossible not to like his character. As for Jackie, I have to say, I didn't care for her that much and I didn't connect with her at all! I actually preferred Erin, her roommate and best friend, who seemed to be a lot more fun and easy going.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this book and I like how it surprised me. I'm not going to say that it's spectacular and that it's a must read but it's definitely entertaining and a little addictive. I think it's quite easy to get lost in it and read it pretty quickly without even realizing it.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário