quinta-feira, 29 de agosto de 2013

Pretties by Scott Westerfeld

(I'll keep this review short and free from spoilers since this is a sequel to Uglies)

I enjoyed this book a lot more than I did Uglies.I still had some issues with Scott Westerfeld's writting style but I felt that he developed the story quite well in this second installment. So, I'll just summarize the main ideias I took from this book:

  • Even though Tally's development was somewhat expected, it was nice to see that she still managed to remain true to what she thought during the first book (even if some of her memories were blurred)
 
  • Shay became one of those characters that I actually "liked" hating; I knew she was immature and didn't seem to have a mind of her know but I never thought would rebel in her own way and make herself special in a peculiar way
 
  • This book was a lot more dynamic than the first one. There was a lot more going on and I really enjoyed how the characters interacted with each other
 
  • Loved the fact that we got to know a bit more about the world created by Scott Westerfeld and the twists he incorporated took me by surprise
 
  • I missed David in this book .... I thought he would have a bigger role in this sequel

  • Loved the ending! Blew my mind and left me wanting more!

Overall I really enjoyed reading this book and I thought it was more engaing than the first one. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário