sexta-feira, 31 de maio de 2013

#Friday Reads (6)

I'm back!!!

This last week was a little rough and I had absolutely no time to post here. This week I'll try catch up and post at least a review for one of the last books I read.

As for this week's Friday Reads, the book I'm currently reading is The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. I've heard great things about this author - especially because of Shades of Grey - so when I saw the Eyre Affair on a bookstore I just had to get (also it was an great deal since I only paid 3 euros for it).

This is its synopsis (from Goodreads)

There is another 1985, where London's criminal gangs have moved into the lucrative literary market, and Thursday Next is on the trail of the new crime wave's Mr Big.

Acheron Hades has been kidnapping characters from works of fiction and holding them to ransom. Jane Eyre is gone. Missing.

Thursday sets out to find a way into the book to repair the damage. But solving crimes against literature isn't easy when you also have to find time to halt the Crimean War, persuade the man you love to marry you, and figure out who really wrote Shakespeare's plays.

Perhaps today just isn't going to be Thursday's day. Join her on a truly breathtaking adventure, and find out for yourself. Fiction will never be the same again...

I'm already 92 pages in and so far I'm really enjoying the story and the whole concept. Once I finish it I'll put up a review for it.

Have a great weekend ;)
 

2 comentários:

Unknown disse...

Sounds like and interesting read.

Unknown disse...

I think the concept of this story is quite interesting ;)

Enviar um comentário