sexta-feira, 10 de maio de 2013

#Friday Reads (5)

I've decided to dedicate my weekend to a book that I've been anxiously waiting to read and that is Blood Red Road by Moira Young. Even though this trilogy doesn't seem to have the same popularity of other YA dystopian novels, it has received rave reviews and the author's unique writing style has been praised by several people.

This is the synopsis (from Goodreads):

Saba has spent her whole life in Silverlake, a dried-up wasteland ravaged by constant sandstorms. The Wrecker civilization has long been destroyed, leaving only landfills for Saba and her family to scavenge from. That's fine by her, as long as her beloved twin brother Lugh is around. But when four cloaked horsemen capture Lugh, Saba's world is shattered, and she embarks on a quest to get him back.

Suddenly thrown into the lawless, ugly reality of the outside world, Saba discovers she is a fierce fighter, an unbeatable survivor, and a cunning opponent. Teamed up with a handsome daredevil named Jack and a gang of girl revolutionaries called the Free Hawks, Saba’s unrelenting search for Lugh stages a showdown that will change the course of her own civilization. 

I'm already 80 pages in and so far I'm enjoying it. I'll admitt, at first it was a bit strange to be reading a book that lacked diologue pontuation but then I got used to it and I started to really get into the story. As soon as I'm done with it, I'll post my review :)

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário