sexta-feira, 3 de maio de 2013

#Friday Reads (4)

One of my reading resolutions for this year is to branch out and read things that I normally wouldn't pick up. I've recently started to get a bit more into graphic novels and since I didn't feel like starting a new book this weekend I thought that it would be a great opportunity to continue some of the series that I've already started.

First of all, I'll be reading volumes 4 to 6 from the Death Note series created by Tsugumi Ohba. I've already reviewed the first three volumes of the series - review here - and so far I've been really enjoying it; it has a great concept and the story raises a lot of interesting questions. I'll leave you the synopsis here:

Light Yamagami is an ace student with great prospects - and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary Detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on hios heels, will Light loose sight of his nobel goal ... or his life?
 
After that I'll be reading The Hedge Knight II - Sworn Sword by George R R Martin. I've already read the first volume - review here - and I'm really looking forward to see what will happen next with Ser Duncan.
Hope you guys have a great weekend ;)

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário