sábado, 29 de dezembro de 2012

The Time Machine


This was the second time I tried to read this book and, fortunately, this time around I managed to finished it – actually I read it rather quickly. I’m not the biggest fan of sci-fi books but I thought I ought to read this one since it’s considered a classic within this genre.

I liked the first 20 pages of the book because the story seemed more dynamic at this point; there was more interaction between the characters and I liked how we were introduced to the concept of time travelling. However, I can’t say the same about the rest of the book; I didn’t enjoy the writing style – too descriptive -, it became a bit boring and difficult, at times, to keep a certain level of interest on the book.

Reading this book ended up feeling more like a duty; I didn’t enjoy it that much but I kept reading because it had been sitting on my bookshelf for years and I just wanted to read it so I could finally take it out of my to be read pile.

3 out of 5 stars


0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário