domingo, 9 de dezembro de 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower


I just finished reading this book and have to tell you, I feel the urge to pick up again and reread it! Yes, this book is that good!

I loved the fact that we were reading the letters written by Charlie and that we got to understand how he saw the world, his perspective and how he dealt with issues that at the age of fifteen mean the world to us. Charlie is definitely a special character; he's naive and true to himself  and even though he was exposed to a lot of things - sex, drugs, alcohol, among others - he always remained genuine and didn't become a completely different person. I also liked his relationship with Bill, his English teacher, and how important books and reading were to him during his journey on this book.

I really enjoyed the fact that it was about real people and that it was the kind of story that dealt with a lot of the issues that we have to deal with throughout our teen years (mostly); it made the story a lot more realistic.

This book was everything I was expecting it to be and more! It captivated me, it fascinated me, it made me laugh, it made me think ... overall, it was intense! A must read! 

5 out of 5 stars


0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário