terça-feira, 2 de outubro de 2012

The Maze Runner


The Maze Runner is presented to us as a must-read for Hunger Games fans. It is a YA dystopian novel that tells us the story of a boy named Thomas who doesn’t have memories – except for is name – and is trapped inside a maze. There is a small community of other boys that, like him, were thrown into that maze and that have been trying to solve it in order to get out.

The premises of the book seemed appealing and the hype around it was so big that I was actually anxious to read it; so, when I bought it I dove right in! I have to admit, I don’t think it’s that extraordinary; I think the book is a little vague in some parts, it lacks answers - I wanted to know more and half of the answers provided seemed to fell short, they weren’t enough for me.  However, it is great to see a book that puts a group of boys as the main characters and that doesn’t dwell on a love story throughout the whole book – there’s definitely a deep connection between Thomas and Teresa but, so far, it hasn’t been said much about it.

Even though the book didn’t grab my attention from the beginning like I was hoping for, it’s entertaining – and a little apocalyptic towards the end -, and it leaves us with a lot of mystery for the next book. I’ll probably read the rest of the trilogy, hoping that I’ll get more answers; I know there’s also a prequel but I haven’t decided when to read it. 


0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário